Sunday, 1 April 2012

One Last Word

Miss, you know who you are
Don't you remember our childhood?
A time of growing, discovering and play?
Those days spent under the soothing yellow sun?
Miss, don't tell me you forgotten
Those young days where we would run at breakneck speed
And rest and collected dozens of clovers
where we looked for the unique one with four leaves
so we may make a a simple little wish
I knew what i wanted to wish for
I'm no longer a child now
And neither are my feelings
Yes, I'll say this again and you heard it too
I've always loved you, unconditionally and true
Was it not enough? Was unconditional not pure enough for you?
Those days I've spent wishing upon every damn star
Where maybe some day, they'll light up in sequence
Which show and point the direction from the dark sky
Where i was, where i was waiting
To cleanse you of your tears.
Miss, I never lied to you.
I wonder if it was the mask i wore which redirected you
That night you gave me
it still appears in my dreams
Perhaps the only thing i see when i finally manage to close my eyes
It wakes me up, heart pounding and sweaty
why must such tragedy be burned into my head?
Don't blame me for talking to toys
I'm not crazy, believe me so
I just wanted something as simple as a smile
something you don't give me anymore
all i see is your shoulder and back
how heavy that image weighs on my eyes
Let me tell you, I'm thankful that you showed me
that even the most hellish and twisted people are capable of such feats
as to shed blood and face death
only to protect the only thing
that keeps us chained to reality
Some say i should never give up
its just that if i never left those feelings drop
I probably wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror
reflections, what are reflections to you?
a mirror shows us the truth
but your eyes, they show me what i can be
perhaps meant to be
times changed, so do situations
we can only spend those days in the grass field
of running around and chasing each other 
in our mind
but I'm sorry, I've lost the ability to dream of such a paradise
life goes on, we all know it does
but so do feelings
and so does pain
I never understood what it means to love
love, its too broad to be put on people
every life deserves a chance
but a chance is what I've been cheated of
with the only apology i was offered
a quick dart from your eyes
fast enough so i wouldn't detect disappointment
but slow enough to make me relive those days
I guess i understand  now, thanks to you
that the only time i will ever feel love
is when it's over and gone

**my valentines day poem that i know is way over due. Oh well, have fun with it anyways

No comments:

Post a Comment